GHNATS Executive Board Meeting Minutes
October 16, 2016
Meeting location: Houston Baptist University
Board members in attendance:
- Elisa Thompson (president)
- Serdar Ilban (VP-workshops)
- Michael Walsh (VP-classical auditions
- Frances Fenton (Membership liaison)
- Angela Pickering (Treasurer)
- Donna Hinds Sawyers (VP-MT auditions)
- Jammieca D. Mott (Secretary)
- Debra Greschner (Chapter Past President)
Meeting came to order at 1:55 p.m.
Members in attendance introduced themselves to the group.
Items on the agenda-
- Treasurer’s Report
- VP of MT Auditions Report
- VP of Classical Auditions Report
- VP of Workshops
- Old Business
- New Business
- Dates for 2016-17
- Angela reported that the chapter currently has 10,730.00. Debra inquired about such a large amount secured through PayPal, considering that through PayPal, the funds are not insured. Board members discussed the possibility of transferring all Chapter funds to the Amegy bank account.
- Donna confirmed that the Musical Theatre Auditions are scheduled for February 4, 2017 at HCC. Donna determined that a committee would be organized, in an effort to select guest judges and organize audition entry materials. The goal is to open registration early December.
- Both Michael and Donna secured the specifics for the Classical and Musical Theatre Auditions. Michael confirmed that he was able to secure the rooms utilized last year, for the 2017 auditions that will be held at UH. The tabulation room availability still needs to be investigated, due to remodeling. Individuals are needed to serve in the tabulation room. Members discussed guest judges and compensation for those selected individuals. Elisa will secure the committee and contact individuals to serve. HSPVA students will continue to serve as moderators. It was determined that those students would be contacted two months in advance, since the students tend to need volunteer hours.
- Frances discussed ways to promote Chapter Events/Activities as well invite Texoma non-chapter members to join the organization, through Facebook. Board members determined that it would be best to retrieve the password, instead of adding or creating a new FB page. Elisa will be responsible for providing Texoma-non-chapter members with an invite to join the affiliate.
- Members discussed the possibility of scheduling the business meetings on the Classical Auditions date and in May, in order to prepare for the following academic year. Serdar suggested that the chapter conduct separate workshops. When workshops were separate during auditions, attendance was low. Elisa agreed that it would be great to conduct individual workshops. Board members discussed the possibility of securing a “big name” and to advertise. It was suggested that we conduct one of the workshops in September before the Winner’s Recital, or combine with the Winner’s Circle Recital. Elisa suggested that the board table the discussion and to discuss more in detail. Frances also suggested that we have the second-place winner perform for the Winner’s Circle Recital, if the first-place winner is unable to attend.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:49 p.m.